A fire which is thought to have started in the extractor of a Lebanese restaurant left family being evacuated from their flat.
The resident who lived above the restaurant said he had previously complained about the smells, fumes and smoke that came from the extractor of the restaurant before the fire occurred.
Once the fire had been extinguished the fire brigade said they did think the extractor system of the restaurant could have been the main factor in the starting of the fire.
Simply by ensuring all commercial kitchen ducting had been cleaned by a professional company to TR19 standards this incident could have been avoided.
If you are a cleaning company looking to improve your service and clean to TR19 standards then click here to view our product range and see how we can ensure you are exceeding TR19 standards and winning more business.
Details and photograph taken from: http://www.swlondoner.co.uk/father-evacuated-from-wimbledon-fire-complained-about-extractor-believed-to-have-caused-restaurant-blaze/