When a fire broke out in a Wimbledon restaurant it wasn't only the business that was affected but also the family who lived above the restaurant.
The blaze broke in in a Labanese restaurant in Wimbledon in October 2015. The family living in the flat above had to evacuate their flat and were left with virtually nothing as their possessions were ruined.
A statement from London Fire Brigade said the fire started in the extraction system for the restaurant, this may be because of a build up of grease.
For insurance purposes the ducting of this restaurant needed to have been cleaned to TR19 standards, if they hadn't they might not be able to claim.
If you are a cleaning company looking to improve your service and clean to TR19 standards then click here to view our product range and see how we can ensure you are exceeding TR19 standards and winning more business.
Details taken from: http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/news/13886029._We_ve_lost_everything__says_young_mum_who_fled_barefoot_from_Wimbledon_restaurant_fire/