A fire which broke out in the kitchen of a tapas bar in March 2015 in Derry resulted in a hair dresser also having to evacuate their building and face losing thousands of pounds worth of trade.
The hair dresser located behind the mandarin restaurant had to leave their building at the mercy of the fire, luckily they found other premises to finish their appointments that day but then had to look for temporary premises while the fire damage was being repaired.
Fire officers at the scene of the fire called it a major incident, the fire began in the restaurants kitchen and spread into the ducting. Local residents were also evacuated from their home while the fire was dealt with and the area made safe.
The extensive fire affected many people and businesses, what may have been a small fire initially took the chance to grow and spread in the ducting. If the ducting had been cleaned to TR19 standards the spread of the fire could have been prevented.
Had the restaurant kitchen and equipment been cleaned to TR19 standards this fire could have been prevented.
If you are a cleaning company looking to improve your service and clean to TR19 standards then click here to view our product range and see how we can ensure you are exceeding TR19 standards and winning more business.
Details and photograph taken from: http://www.derryjournal.com/news/fire-could-cost-business-thousands-1-6630780