A takeaway in Dalston had ten customers in the building when a fire broke out in the ducting above the cooker. Customers and residents of flats above the restaurant had to leave the building when the fire alarm was raised at around 11pm one evening in May 2015.
The fire resulted in four fire engines being called to the scene to gain control of the fire. The fire in the ducting managed to spread to a flat roof and cause significant damage.
If the ducting of the kitchen had not been cleaned professionally or correctly the build up of grease inside the ducting could have caught fire in this instance.
Simply by ensuring all commercial kitchen ducting had been cleaned by a professional company to TR19 standards this incident could have been avoided.
If you are a cleaning company looking to improve your service and clean to TR19 standards then click here to view our product range and see how we can ensure you are exceeding TR19 standards and winning more business.
Picture and information taken from: http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/NEWS/12937888.10_people_flee_takeaway_fire_in_Kingsland_Road__Dalston/