At the end of December 2015 around twenty fire fighters had to tackle a fire at a Canning Town restaurant.
Once the fire was extinguished and the premises made safe it was found the fire began because of grease and fat deposits within the extraction system of the kitchen being set alight. The ducting ran from the ground floor to the first floor.
The ducting system of a commercial kitchen is required to be cleaned regularly and to TR19 standards to ensure the safety of the kitchen as well as the cleanliness if the kitchen and equipment.
Had the restaurant kitchen and equipment been cleaned to TR19 standards this fire could have been prevented.
If you are a cleaning company looking to improve your service and clean to TR19 standards then click here to view our product range and see how we can ensure you are exceeding TR19 standards and winning more business.
Details and photograph taken from: http://www.wharf.co.uk/news/local-news/canning-town-restaurant-fire-caused-10624195