A Grade II listed hotel building in Oxford has an excess of £6.5m of works planned to restore the building following a fire which started in the restaurant's kitchen.
The fire started in April 2015 when flames from flambeing cooking were taken up into the one of the kitchen's extractor fans during service.
If the ducting of the kitchen had not been cleaned professionally or correctly the build up of grease inside the ducting could have caught fire in this instance.
Simply by ensuring all commercial kitchen ducting had been cleaned by a professional company to TR19 standards this incident could have been avoided.
If you are a cleaning company looking to improve your service and clean to TR19 standards then click here to view our product range and see how we can ensure you are exceeding TR19 standards and winning more business.
Picture and information taken from: http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/13476566.__6_5m_plan_to_restore_Gothic_splendour_of_fire_hit_Randolph_Hotel/