In October 2015 a Fish and Chip shop escaped without major damage after an extractor fan caught fire. The fire began in the frier extraction area, an area prone to many grease and fat spots.
The fire was brought under control quickly and luckily with minimal damage to the property and no one was injured.
The ducting and extraction system of a commercial kitchen is required to be cleaned regularly and to TR19 standards to ensure the safety of the kitchen as well as the cleanliness if the kitchen and equipment.
Had the restaurant kitchen and equipment been cleaned to TR19 standards this fire could have been prevented.
If you are a cleaning company looking to improve your service and clean to TR19 standards then click here to view our product range and see how we can ensure you are exceeding TR19 standards and winning more business.
Details taken from: http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/fire_extinguished_at_fish_and_chip_shop_in_norwich_1_4281503