As many small independent businesses and residents alike found out in Harrogate a fire at one business can have devastating affects on itself and others.
In August 2014 a blaze at Prezzo Italian restaurant in Harrogate meant that businesses had to close and residents have to evacuate their homes until the buildings affected by the fire could be made safe. Loss of business to small independent businesses and residents needing rehoming are all results of one mistake.
The fire service at the scene commented that there had been a fire in the ducting which had managed to travel.
With the use of specialist duct and extract cleaning services and equipment this tragedy could have been prevented. Commercial kitchens and associated ducting should be cleaned to meet TR/19 standards every time they are cleaned.
Find out more here.